The Practice Charter outlines the aims of the Practice and what we also request from our patients.
- Treat our patients as individuals and give them the best advice/treatment available.
- Ensure that patients are aware and in agreement with further investigations at a local or specialist hospital.
- Always explain proposed treatments and medication.
- Explain the reasons for taking pathology specimens.
- Understand and respect our patients' cultural and religious beliefs and their rights of privacy.
- Provide an out-of-hours service.
- Give our patients access to their medical records written after 1st November 1991, where appropriate.
- Ensure that our staff maintain strict confidentiality of these records and all other information.
- Endeavour to see patients on time and make sure no patient waits longer than 30 minutes without an explanation.
- Provide a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere whilst waiting to be seen.
- Make sure all staff are easily identifiable.
- Address our patients with courtesy and respect at all times.
- Provide a routine appointment within 48 hours of the request and fit emergencies in the same day.
- Telephone us before 10.00am to request a home visit if you are too ill to come to the practice, or are housebound.
- Only ask your doctor to visit out of surgery hours for any urgent treatment that will not wait until next surgery.
- Make an appointment for each person wishing to see the doctor or nurse.
- Be punctual for appointments and phone to cancel the appointment if you can not come.
- Keep your medical card safe.
- Give 72 hours' notice (excluding weekends) when ordering your repeat prescriptions, and make sure you have enough medication for this period.
- Be patient if you are kept waiting for an appointment, as the person before you may be seriously ill and the doctor may need extra time with them.
- Ensure that young children do not damage the practice or waiting areas in any way, or be allowed to wander unsupervised around the building.
- Treat all members of staff at the practice with courtesy and respect.
- Contact the practice manager if you have any queries or comments. We operate a complaints procedure.